Viaje de Amor en Ingles

(A Journey of Love)

Friday, January 20, 2012

News and Rumors

On the one hand, I am so thankful for many friends and family that ask if we have heard any news on the adoption.  On the other hand, every time someone asks and I have to reply that there is nothing new, it reminds me that we are only two weeks away from the one year mark in this process.  One year doesn't seem like a long time, and in the grand scheme of things it is only a blink of an eye, but at the same time it feels like I am back in school again watching the clock tick by second by second until the bell would ring for the last time before the shackles of school would be cast aside for summer break (or something like that).  In other words, at times the waiting seems painfully slow.

News - we read a rough translation of a news article from Honduras that says the new director of IHNFA has been appointed by the President.  We do not know how soon he will start and what the process will be for him and for us as things move forward.

Rumors - There have been rumblings in an email group that we are part of with other families adopting from Honduras that they have been told that referrals will begin again in February.

We are not putting a lot of stock in the rumors, but we are praying that the rumors are true and that the process will begin again in the next month.

1 comment:

  1. Hello

    I´m spanish and i'm waiting adoption in Honduras too. I wish your "rumors" are true. I'm in the checking list since August

    P: Sorry, but my english is bad

    ReplyDelete