Viaje de Amor en Ingles

(A Journey of Love)

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Shopping

I had to report to court this morning for possible jury duty.  The trial was not ready for a jury, so by mid day, we were sent home.  When I arrived home, Alicia was excited because she and Ariana were able to go shopping for some clothing for the two children that we are adopting.  It was great to see the little girl clothes come out of the bag.  Then, the boys shorts, a button down shirt, a swim suit...then Ariana called in from the next room.  "I found an Eagles shirt"  As a full-fledged Philadelphia sports fan, it made me proud to know that my daughter wanted to dress her sibling in a Philadelphia Eagles shirt.  There was also a Phillies shirt, so hopefully our teams will get better, so that I do not have to teach my son another famous Philadelphia phrase, "There's always next year." 

After being in this process for over five years, it is exciting to see faces of the children that, Lord willing, will be part of our family, and to be able to do something tangible like buying clothing.  We are anxiously waiting for our travel date, so that we can go and meet them.  Hopefully soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment