Viaje de Amor en Ingles

(A Journey of Love)

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Superfluous Buns!

Have you ever seen the movie "Father of the Bride" with Steve Martin?  There are certain scenes in this movie that make me laugh or cry just by thinking about them.  The scene where his daughter is sitting across the table telling him that she met a man in Europe and they're going to get married.  Although she is in her 20s, he pictures his 6 year old daughter sharing this news.  Another great scene is the discussion of where the reception will be held, and the phrase, "I don't think we want the word "pit" on a wedding invitation."...great stuff.  This brings me to one of my favorite scenes and my request for prayer.  We are in the midst of waiting for adoption paperwork to come in, I am working on my doctorate, there is the ministry at church, and overshadowing all of this is wondering where the money for the adoption will come from.  There is a scene in the movie where Steve Martin has had it and his wife sends him to the grocery store to buy hot dogs and buns.  The number of dogs in a pack does not equal the number of buns in a pack and he finds himself removing the superfluous buns.  Thanks to Youtube you can see this scene:



Please pray that we won't have a superfluous buns moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment