Viaje de Amor en Ingles

(A Journey of Love)

Monday, August 1, 2011

I Don't Want to Get Out of Bed

We have no new updates on the adoption to share this week, but I wanted to share a bit about the day.  Have you ever had one of those days that you lay in bed knowing what was waiting for you as soon as you pulled back the covers and stepped out of bed...so you said to yourself, "I don't want to get out of bed!"  That was me this morning.  We have had such a busy summer that the gardens have been overrun by weeds.  I decided before going to bed last night that I would surprise Alicia in the morning by weeding the garden for her.  The problem with this is that I really hate weeding.  There is one thing I hate more than weeding...I hate going to the dentist (my apologies to my friends in the dental field).  The significance of this is that I had an appointment to go to the dentist this afternoon to have the cap on my front tooth replaced.  I broke my front tooth when I was Jr. High by going down the slide into a pool head first (Note to children and immature adults - going down the slide head first can be dangerous).  I pulled myself out of bed, the weeding got done, and then there was the dentist.  He put that needle into my upper lip to make everything numb.  He drills off the old piece, gets rid of a bit of a cavity and then they put on a new filling.  I left the dentist and began prep for the first night of teen week.  My upper lip was still numb, and felt like Bill Cosby in "Himself" not able to talk clearly.  The day ended with a great night of teen week.  We had a great group of teens and adults that had a great time playing games together tonight...I am glad that I got out bed this morning.  Good Night!

By the way, here is the video of Bill Cosby talking about the dentist:

No comments:

Post a Comment