Viaje de Amor en Ingles

(A Journey of Love)

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

No news yet!

Well, it has been over 3 weeks since our lawyer received our paperwork in Honduras.  We have not heard if it has gone to IHNFA or not yet.  We are hoping that it is there and maybe even have been accepted and maybe even have received a number but in reality it may still be at the lawyers.  This is when I have to keep coming back to it all being in God's timing.  It has been my prayer from the beginning that the focus would be on Him not about what we have done, as any of you that have gone through this journey you know that the journey of adoption is not an easy journey.   It is a time that God is using  to draw me closer to Him.
  Don't get me wrong, there are times that I get frustrated and discouraged and even times that I wonder..."are we really adopting?",  "God is this something that you want us to do?", "will we ever get a number?" "will we ever receive a referral?".  And then God does give me peace, to trust in Him.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord.  "They are  to plans prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart. "  Jer.29:11-13

Even though we haven't heard anything, I have to trust in the fact that God does have a plan bigger than I can even imagine.

Recently I read the book The Yellow Sock:An Adoption story by Angela  Hunt.  This couples journey was a very different journey than ours and yet it was a an encouraging book and easy read.  A quote from the book "The Lord knows what he is doing.  He has promised to be with you in every difficulty, and he will not allow you to suffer beyond the limits of your endurance." really hit home.  Even though we aren't really "suffering" through this time, God must know that we can endure for a much longer time and I trust in the fact that the payoff in the end of this endurance is going to be a beautiful thing in seeing our family grow.  Looking forward to seeing our little girl and holding her in our arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment