Viaje de Amor en Ingles

(A Journey of Love)

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A New Number

Yesterday, we learned that we have a new number. We have moved up two positions to number 72. Although it is good to know that there is movement, we were disappointed that in one months time, we only moved up to 72. We were really hoping to move into the 60's. It is difficult to leave the process in the hands of others. This process has been a real eye-opener for me to realize how much I want to be in control. This process has forced me on numerous occasions to hand over control to others - agencies, government, lawyers, etc. I struggle with handing over the control...ultimately, this has challenged me to reflect on my relationship with God. I know that I cannot save myself, and that my condition before God as a rebellious sinner is only dealt with through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ (John 3:16; John 14:6, Acts 4:12), yet in the day to day walk of life, I am constantly struggling with God for control. Why do I have to be so stubborn and thick-headed? Lord, help me to learn this lesson of the Christian walk so that I can glorify you in my life daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment